Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trying to figure it out

Yesterday I was outside at night looking at the stars just thinking of life. Along came this young man that was looking for donations by selling books. I told him I could not buy a book and sorry. So he hands me a book for free telling me that it "looked" like I really needed it. The book was titled "Searching for Happiness" All of this is amusing since this week I've been thinking....why do I think I can raise these four kids by myself? Although I have family and friends and they do have their dad's, I feel like ultimitely it's all on me. If they don't behave with their father's well then it must be something I'm doing or not doing. I have heard this twice this week.
I went and I looked at my list I have of WHY I can do this. I love my kids so much but sometimes my inner strength and confidence just flutters away. Everyday I have to tell myself why I can do this. And how important it is not to go back to full time work, even though I can feel the pinch.
I know everyone struggles with being a parent. It's not just about being a single parent. So, I will go and read my self help books that boost my confidence. And I will keep trying to figure out this whole parenting thing!

3 comments:

ahixon said...

You have such wonderful kids. AND you are doing it alone...way better than I ever could. You are an amazing, strong woman and I admire you more than you know! Keep on trudging! I have full faith and confidence in you! (You really are not alone you know!) Love you!-alison

Kelly said...

I agree with Ally. You are inspiring to the rest of us. You do have incredible kids who are smart and funny, just like their mom.

S.Miles said...

Girl, you already know how I feel about you. Amazing. Those kids are lucky to have you. And those fathers are lucky to have you care for their kids. I've got your back. I'm so glad you are in my life!